(here you can download the festival booklet in pdf. format)
The XVI International Guitar
Festival and Competition
Żory – Poland 2008
23rd - 27th of April
City Center of Culture in Żory
The Silesian Association of Classical Guitar Lovers SILESIANA
Concert Agency MODRAN
ul. Mikołowska 279
mob. phone: (+48) 601 819270
phone/fax: (+48) 32 2210080
Katarina & Franciszek Wieczorek
Sandro di Stefano (Italy)
Gabriel Bianco (France)
Petra Poláčková (Czech)
Szymon Pietrzak (Poland)
Dawid Bonk (Poland)
Vladislav Bláha (Czech)
Prague Guitar Quartet (Czech)
Amadeus Guitar Duo (Dale Kavanagh (Canada) & Thomas Kirchhoff (Germany))
Trio SÓLO 3: Beatriz Blanco (Venezuela), Leszek Potasiński, Marek Walawender (Poland)
Trio: Krzysztof Pełech, Jarema Klich, Dariusz Kaliszuk (percussion) (Poland)
Rules of guitar competition
1. The persons that are born after 1st of May, 1988 can take part in the competition. They have to send the application form – by e-mail - until the 28th of February, 2008. They should also send their picture (in any graphical format). They should pay – in cash - entrance fee of 40 zloties (appr. 10 Euro) just before the competition.
2. The competition consists of two rounds.
In the first round should be performed:
- L. Legnani – 36 Capriccios op.20 (two of choice)
- facultative program
In the first round the entire program shall not exceed the limit of 10 minutes.
In the second round should be performed:
- S. Mroński – BarBaKan (you can order the music by e-mail directly from the publisher. You will pay for it later in cash – 20 zloties - just before the competition)
- facultative program (repeating pieces from the first round is forbidden)
In the second round the entire program shall not exceed the limit of 15 minutes.
All pieces should be played by heart.
3. The points of both rounds are counted together.
4. The decision of the jury shall not be appealed.
5. The winners of the first three positions will perform in the concert without receiving any money for it.
I prize – 2500 zloties (appr. 500 Euro)
II prize – 1500 zloties (appr. 250 Euro)
III prize – 1000 zloties (appr. 125 Euro)
invitations to the festival:
- The International Festival of Guitar Music in Trzęsacz, Poland – 2008
- The 8th Lubusk Guitar Weekend in Międzyrzecz, Poland - 2009
7. The winner of the competition will be invited to perform in the concert during the next Festival in Żory.
Participants of the guitar competition shall obtain free tickets for all festival concerts.
The organizers will not provide the accommodation (lodging and board) for the participants and observers of the Festival.
The guitar competition and all festival concerts will take place in City Culture Center in Żory, Dolne Przedmieście 1.
the exhibition of HANIKA manufacture's guitars lead by Armin Hanika (Germany)
the lecture about guitar works of Stanisław Mroński, expressed by Krzysztof Nieborak
the DVD show lead by Zbigniew Dubiella
Accommodation's possibilities in Żory
Hotel Żory, al. Wojska Polskiego 4, phone: +48 32/4350866, +48 32/4350890, +48 32/4350922; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; www.hotelzory.pl/
Ośrodek Wypoczynkowy MOSiR, ul. Kłokocińska 78a; phone: +48 32/4358099, fax: +48 32/4358388.
ASTER – private, ul. Rybnicka 220a, phone: +48 32/4699129, +48 693-261275
Dworek „U Biesa”, ul. Kasztanowa 15, phone: +48 66/4273010